Friday, March 22, 2024

Blood & Water

 


If you have never seen the Netflix Series "Blood & Water" - I am not going to tell you to go and watch it, but I did find it good.  One of the best series to come out of the New South Africa in many years. 

The first 3 series were really about these kids in a private school in Cape Town and about a child who was kidnapped and trafficked as a baby and in the end lead up to the perpetrators being caught and arrested and everyone being exposed and how it affected some of these children whose wealthy parents were involved in the whole scandal.   Just a brief synopsis. 

So yesterday I was off sick, I am so tired of looking for something decent to watch on TV and Netflix, but I went straight to Netflix and what was there waiting for me - YES series 4 of Blood & Water, a good way to kill 4 hours (6 episodes in a series & no advertisements).

I had thought that after Series 3 there would not be another one, but of course you are always left on a cliff hanger after every series. 

They gave you a recap on what had happened previously, but this series spoke about cheating in Matric exams (kids stealing test papers) and a blackmailing incident and sex tapes which eventually led down to a pupil at this private school who had been bullied and how it affected his whole future and ruined his life. 

It's something that I brought up a few years ago when someone was trying to organize a school reunion, and suddenly the school bullies got involved and started deleting people they did not want to attend the reunion from the WhatsApp group. 

It took me back 40 years and reminded me how this person bullied me and I decided to walk away leave the slack channel - the next thing I got a private message from this person and I just had to let everything out that had been supressed for over 40 years, they said they can't believe I am saying these things as they don't remember every bullying me.  But I guess I wasn't the only person they bullied.  

It reminded me of something I read one day:

People may not remember what you said, but they will always remember how you make them feel!  

And I totally agree, I don't remember what was said to me, but I do remember being excluded and how I felt on many occasions. 

If you don't want to watch all 4 series and you were a bully at school, just do yourself a favour and watch Series number 4. 

I am grateful to work for a company where Mental Health is so important and there is always someone to help you.  Gone are the days where you had to leave your problems at home and not bring them to the office and great that companies are prepared to help their workers through all their mental issues they have. 


No comments:

Blood & Water

  If you have never seen the Netflix Series " Blood & Water " - I am not going to tell you to go and watch it, but I did find ...