Sunday, September 06, 2026

Stepping into the Next Chapter

 Retirement is steadily approaching, and I find myself frequently reflecting on what life will look like once I finally step away from the daily grind. Returning to the corporate world isn't in my plans, which leaves me with an exciting question: what do I truly love doing outside of work?

My absolute dream would be settling into a quiet, unspoiled corner of Sardinia or somewhere peaceful in the African bush. But wherever life takes me, I already have a few passions I want to pursue. I love writing this blog whenever I get the chance, and I’m thinking about taking it a step further by launching a podcast.

I often see people on Facebook sharing nostalgic memories of the good old days in Jo'burg. I’d love to host a live, call-in podcast focused on those stories and local history. Naturally, that means figuring out sponsorship and the technical side of live broadcasting, but the idea of connecting people through shared memories is incredibly exciting.

Beyond that, I want to spend my time doing what brings me joy—socializing, traveling, walking, and reading. Of course, with the cost of living continuously rising, staying practical is key, but I'm eager to build something meaningful for this next chapter.

To mark this new direction, I’ve updated my profile picture to reflect the name for both the podcast and the blog!

What do you think of the new look and the podcast idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Stepping into the Next Chapter

  Retirement is steadily approaching, and I find myself frequently reflecting on what life will look like once I finally step away from the ...