Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Sacha's singles Club

I just thought of another one, so I never learnt to drive until I was 21 or so but my friend C was driving from 16 and working.   She would always pick me up and take me out to clubs and places and that is how I got into clubbing.

It must have been around '82 that we went to a new club she had heard about in the Hyde Park Shopping center.  It was a very sophisticated nightclub and we really just went there to dance and to meet guys who would pay for our drinks.  Because it was on the northside of town it was also very Larney and Posh.

I don't remember why they had it in the shopping center, if anyone does please let me know!   But I do remember that they would always play the latest music, they had the greatest disco lights.  But the songs will always be with me, like "Can't take my eyes off you", Yazoo, Softcell, John Cougar, Chicago and just so many great songs.

They did eventually move out of Hyde Park Shopping Center, over to the Hyde Park Hotel and then later Sacha's became Blue Jeans and I think it all just went downhill from then on.  Probably around 1983.

I can't even find a photo on Google, could you imagine if we had mobile phones with cameras on in the 80's and 90's there would be so many memories we could share!

If my memory serves me correct, it did look a little like this:

World's Top 700 Best High-End Nightclubs | Best Nightlife Guide

No comments:

Blood & Water

  If you have never seen the Netflix Series " Blood & Water " - I am not going to tell you to go and watch it, but I did find ...