Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Fathers stories...


From what I can remember there were those days when we were young, we would sit at my fathers feet and quiz him about his life.

Daddy where were you born? - "Sydney, in Australia before the war"

Do you have any brothers or sisters? - 1 brother called Peter, 2 sisters, Irene and Elizabeth and they all live in Australia.

Can you speak Afrikaans? - "No"

Can you help me with my maths? "No I only passed Std. 3"

Where are your mom and dad? "they both passed away"

Then he would tell us the stories about how they never went to school, but took lessons by radio because they lived in the Outback of Australia.

No comments:

Blood & Water

  If you have never seen the Netflix Series " Blood & Water " - I am not going to tell you to go and watch it, but I did find ...