Monday, April 05, 2021

My Fathers Stories ... revisited

 Another Blog post I wrote back in 2006 was about some of the things I remember asking my dad when I as a kid which you can read about here 

If I look back on the conversation I had when I asked him about his family, he said he had 1 brother Peter and 2 sisters Irene and Elizabeth. 

From what I have researched he had 1 brother called Pieter (possibly Petrus)

His Mother's name was Elizabeth

Not sure who Irene was

Australia?  Yes he did live in Australia, according to my half-sister Billie (RIP) Billie was born 1920 - 1913, she said that they all moved to Australia in the late 1920's, I found a savings book from Sydney, NSW that belonged to my dad, however my sister took this when she visited at some stage. 

They must have moved back to South Africa during the 1930's at some point, still haven't found any documents in this regard. 

During the 2nd world war my father built military bases and hospitals in SA.

No comments:

Blood & Water

  If you have never seen the Netflix Series " Blood & Water " - I am not going to tell you to go and watch it, but I did find ...