Monday, July 10, 2023

"Old Friends"

 One of the top Most Read posts I have on my blog is the one I wrote back in 2013 is "A nostalgic walk home from The Hill High school to Linmeyer with Google Maps"  https://rosemarie64.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-nostalgic-walk-home-from-hill-high.html

It is probably one of the most commented on posts as well besides my "Dance the night away" post, but it has been so wonderful when people from the area send me their memories and we are able to reminisce as well.

Thank you, Ian Alan, for sharing all your memories of growing up in the South.  Ian and I shared a few emails of who we mutually knew in the South, strange to think we were only a street a part and probably never crossed paths.  

In January a guy I went to Primary & High School with - "Martin" mentioned on the book of Face that he was coming to Dublin, now although I knew Martin, I did not "know" Martin, he was 2 or 3 years ahead of me, but was always a prominent figure in the school.   Anyway, I reached out to him and said if he wanted to meet for a coffee while he was in Dublin to give me a shout!  

He certainly did, and it just so happened that I was off on the same day he was off work, we met up for coffee and basically got acquainted.  I then took him on a walking tour of Dublin, the afterwards we went off to Malahide to meet up with another friend of his, who was also my friend on the book of face - Gavin.


The 3 of us sat in this little Coffee shop in Malahide, reminiscing about school and growing up in the South, although all of us were different ages, there were so many people we knew in common, I would have known the younger siblings of the ones that were in their classes, it was such an amazing day!  

There is just something about your childhood that will always live in your memories and no matter how you will never be able to re-create those moments, I think it is so important to catch up when you have the opportunity just to re-live these times even if it is only for a few hours.

It's not always we get these opportunities, last year I was in Joburg and arranged to meet up with a guy I was in High School with, on the day we were supposed to meet up he Ghosted me, I could have spent the day doing something far more interesting than waiting for someone, so sometimes it also doesn't work it, but as I say "Cést La Vie", he could have just had the courtesy to say he could not make it, but I guess not all of us have good manners, his loss! 

Thank you to all my old School friends who do make the effort of staying touch, so awesome to catch up after more than 40 years! 






No comments:

Blood & Water

  If you have never seen the Netflix Series " Blood & Water " - I am not going to tell you to go and watch it, but I did find ...